When a new booking system is launched, search engines such as Google will index (remember) the old web page url's. 301 redirects are the most efficient and Search Engine Friendly method for webpage redirection. 301 redirects allow you to specify an old url (webpage address) and where the new url for that page exists - providing the best search optimisation for your booking system.
How to create 301 redirects
- Go to http://www.bookinglive.com/redirects/index.php
- Enter the domain name in this format: yourdomain.com
- Enter a CSV list of all old page urls followed by new page urls. Eg oldurl,newurl
- Ensure each page is entered on a new line, and that the line does not end in an extra comma
- The CSV box cannot be empty
- Select 'Make' from the drop down list and click 'Submit'
- Send the generated code in a support ticket, which will be included in the website's .htaccess file
- If you see a message 'Invalid domain' check you've entered simply yourdomain.extension in the domain box