The waiting list feature is an exciting feature whereby if your activity is not available because the schedule is full or cancelled - customers can sign up on a waiting list to be email notified once a booking space opens up.
How to Setup the Waiting List
1. Add a Config:
- Go to ADMIN > CONFIG > LIST ITEM FORMAT.
- Click CREATE LIST ITEM FORMAT
- Enter the NAME - "Waiting List", and enter the value in the below table.
- Click SAVE.
2. Display your activities using the List Item widget.
This is so the activities show the waiting list button.
- Go to CONFIG > PAGES
- Select the category or individual activity page that you want to add the template to.
- Click on the LIST ITEM widget to add the template to that widget - in ITEM TYPE make sure to select UPCOMING SCHEDULES.
Note: these widgets need child pages that are linked to an activity to then display those activities, click here to learn how to display activities.
- Click SAVE & PUBLISH.
3. Make sure that all upcoming schedules accept Waiting List submissions
- Go to ADMIN > DATA > SCHEDULE
- Click on an existing schedule or click CREATE SCHEDULE.
- Click the checkbox AVAILABLE FOR WAITING LIST
- Click ADD or SAVE.
Note: this schedule must the next available schedule (can include today's date) - if there is a schedule before this without this ticked, then the Waiting List button will not appear.
4. Submit your request to be on the Waiting List
Once all the above steps have been completed, activities which have upcoming schedules that have "Available for Waiting List" checked, will show a WAITING LIST button on the LIST ITEM WIDGET. When this is clicked, the user will get requested to submit their First Name, Surname, and Email Address (see below).
5. How to modify the content of your Waiting List page
To modify the content as per the screen shot above go to:
- SITE CONTENT
- SITE CONFIG
- GLOBAL PAGE CONTENT
- And modify "Waiting List Page Content"