For the purposes of using BookingLive, there are 3 types of extra - Products for Sale, Gift Vouchers and Agency Voucher Rules.
- Products for Sale: include merchandise and administration fees etc.
- Gift Vouchers: include cash value/activity or venue specific vouchers.
- Agency Voucher Rules: determine what each third party's (Buy a Gift, Groupon etc) voucher code or prefix code is valid for.
Other extra types include admin fees and other items (eg cancellation cover, free breakfast voucher etc).
- Before you set up an Extra, you must create an Extra Category. Extra categories are essentially used to categorize the extras you sell e.g. "Bottle of Champagne" (Extra) would need an Extra Category to relate to that e.g. "Products" (Extra Category). Extra Categories can be created by going into ADMIN > EXTRA CATEGORY > Create a new Extra Category.
- After you have set up your extra you need to make sure it is assigned to an activty, do this by selcting the activities it will appear on the bookin page with, i.e. the activities this extra can be booked with.
- If extra category is left blank the extra cannot be purchased and will not display online.
How to setup an Extra
- Firstly see the note above to make sure you have created extra categories. To setup an extra category go to ADMIN > EXTRA CATEGORY - Create a new Extra Category e.g. "Vouchers".
- Then go to ADMIN > EXTRA (for Activity/Cash Vouchers setup - click here)
- Click the CREATE EXTRA button.
- Complete the information required as shown in the reference guide below (Status e.g "Active"; Type e.g. "Activity Voucher"; and Extra Category e.g. "Vouchers")
- Click the ADD button.
The following reference guide should be used for creating new vouchers.
|Name||An internal name for your reference||Mandatory|
|Website Name||The name displayed on the website||Mandatory|
|Description||The brief description used against the voucher, displayed online||Mandatory|
|Location Price||Used for invoicing from locations / suppliers to you.||-|
|Agent Price||Used for invoicing gift agents from you.||-|
|Previous Price||The "was price" of the extra - will display online||-|
|Price||The price of the extra||Mandatory|
|Cash Value||If the voucher is sold for Activity A and is valid to be redeemed against other activities, a cash value is required.||-|
|Expired Cash Value||If the voucher is redeemed past the expiry date, a lower cash value should be entered.||-|
|From Date||The date from which the voucher can be redeemend||Mandatory|
|To Date||The date to which the voucher can be redeemend||Mandatory|
|Auto add||if checked this adds the item to the basket automatically for an admin booking - used for adding a telephone booking fee (requires system to take more than one booking item)||-|
|Activities||The Activities selected will display the voucher during the booking process as an upsell / extra.||Mandatory|
|Locations||The Locations selected will display the voucher during the booking process as an upsell / extra.||Mandatory|
|Include for All Activities||This setting will override any activities selected and will display for all||-|
|Invoicable||Specify whether the extra will be included within invoices||-|
|Valid for Days||Option 1: Set x days for when the voucher must be redeemed||-|
|Fixed Expiry Date||Option 2: Set a fixed date for when the voucher must be redeemed||-|
|Valid for Days Activity||Option 1: Set x days for when the activity date must be booked.||-|
|Fixed Activity Expiry Date||Option 2: Set a fixed date for when the activity date must be booked.||-|
|Custom Email Text||Text that is included in the confirmation email when the voucher is purchased||-|
|NotifyEmail||Send an email to this email address when the voucher is purchased||-|
|Display Order Number||Set the priority order in which the voucher appears online||-|
|Days||You determine what days the extra can be redeemed for||Mandatory|
|Exclude Bank Holidays||Optionally exclude bank holidays for when the voucher can be redeemed||-|
|Redeemable Activities||Set which activities the voucher can be redeemed against.||Mandatory|
|Redeemable locations||Set which locations the voucher can be redeemed against.||Mandatory|
|Status||Active will display the voucher online. Inactive will remove the voucher.||Mandatory|
|Type||Choose either Cash Voucher or Activity Voucher if you are creating a voucher. Or Admin Fee if you want this extra to be an admin fee that only people logged into the system can see and use.||Mandatory|
|Is In Tin||Ignore this setting||-|
|Auto Add||A setting to automatically add the voucher into the basket if the set activity is booked||-|
|Is Primary||Select this if you which the voucher to appear more like an activity, it will display the vouchers image and allow the customer to select other extras along with it.||-|
|Is Allow Tax||Select this if you want the deposit percentage to be applied to your extra price also|
|Image URL||The image shown on the website for the voucher||-|
|Extra Category||Every voucher must be assigned a category to display online.||-|
Tip: If third party gift agents sell vouchers for multiple activities, you need to setup an Extra (type 'Agency Voucher Rule') for each voucher type sold.
Tip: To input mass voucher rules for third parties, use the DUPLICATE button under ADMIN > EXTRA. Then remember to update the VOUCHER VALIDATION record in CONFIG > GIFT AGENTS.