There are two different types of Extra Purchase Requirements:
How to configure ActivityRequiresExtras
If you have activities that mandatory require extras (or vice versa- extras that require activities), you can define this in the booking system.
Example: You book a 2 day activity and must choose the most applicable resource.
- Go to ADMIN > DATA > EXTRA PURCHASE REQUIREMENTS
- Click the CREATE EXTRA PURCHASE REQUIREMENTS button
- Choose type 'Activity Requires Extra', the required extra, the related activity and the quantity (number of people)
- Click the SAVE button
How this is displayed online
When booking the chosen activity, the customer will be prompted with the following message until they have chosen the correct extra.
This warning message is editable in the Language String Editor.
How to configure OnlyOneExtraPerSchedule
This option allows one schedule to only accept one extra at a time.
This can be useful for activities such as driving lessons or helicopter flights, where you can only have one passenger in the front, but you could apply this to any schdeule if you wanted to only allow one extra per schedule.
Below is how you set this up:
- Go to ADMIN > CONFIG > COMPANY INFO CONFIG ITEMS.
- Add the config: ExtraPurchaseRequirements (set value to Y).
- Go to ADMIN > DATA > EXTRA.
- Click on the extra that should only be allowed to be purchased once per schedule.
- There will be a new tab called EXTRA PURCHASE REQUIREMENTS - click this.
- Click ADD EXTRA PURCHASE REQUIREMENTS.
- Leave all the options blank, but select the TYPE to be OnlyOneExtraPerSchedule.
- Click SAVE.
- Now once a single purchaser has purchased this extra on a specific schedule, no one else will be allowed to purchase this extra again unless their booking is CANCELLED or ABORTED.
Note: as the rule to this config is OnlyOneExtraPerSchedule - the customer gets blocked from buying a quantity greater than one.