The Custom Field Item dataobject is within ADMIN > CONFIG.
It's purpose is to allow you to create Custom Purchaser/Participant Template Items that we don't have as a standard item e.g. Main Languages Spoken, or Relationship Type - these are just a couple that aren't listed in the Purchaser/Participant Template Items but you can create and add to yours.
When creating a Custom Field Item you can also choose what the display field type should be e.g. as a Checkbox, Dropdown, Radio, Text, TextArea.
In this section, we'll show you how to create a Custom Field Item and display it on your Billing Page.
Creating a Custom Field Item
- Go to ADMIN > CONFIG > CUSTOM FIELD ITEM.
- Click CREATE CUSTOM FIELD ITEM.
- Give it a Name (internal only), Field Type, Label, Description, Value Columns, Option Values. For more info on these, please see the reference table below.
- Click ADD
Assign a Custom Field Item to a Template
- Go to ADMIN > CONFIG > PURCHASER or PARTICIPANT TEMPLATE (wherever you want the custom field to appear on)
Note: In this example, we'll use Participant Template (the actions are the same).
- In CONFIG > PARTICIPANT TEMPLATE - If you've already created a template - then just click on PARTICIPANT TEMPLATE ITEM [tab].
- Click ADD PARTICIPANT TEMPLATE ITEM.
- Choose from the dropdown list of TYPE - CUSTOM.
- On the same item - at the bottom you should see a dropdown for CUSTOM FIELD ITEM.
- Click this dropdown and link your CUSTOM FIELD ITEM created to this PARTICIPANT TEMPLATE ITEM.
- Click SAVE.