BookingLive integrates with PayPal allowing you to process online payments.
You can sign up here: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/standard
Setup your PayPal Account with BookingLive
Once you have your PayPal sandbox or PayPal Pro account, complete the following steps:
- Go to ADMIN > CONFIG > COMPANY INFO > COMPANY INFO PAYMENT SETTINGS [tab]
- Click "Add Company Info Payment Settings"
- Choose PayPalAPI as the payment gateway.
- Complete the information and click the SAVE button
- Then click the EDIT icon and complete the information required for both LIVE and TEST accounts.
Please see below for how to obtain your Live + Test PayPal details - of which you must enter into BookingLive.
How to obtain your Live PayPal Details:
- Login to your PayPal account
- Click MyAccount > Profile > click the link to "Request API Credentials" (under "Account Information")
- This should open the page "Request API credentials", where you are presented with 2 options: Under Option 1, select point 2 ("Option 1 - PayPal API > point 2 - "Set up PayPal API credentials and permissions")
- Now this will open a page called "API Access" > again you will be presented with 2 options - select Option 2 this time "View API signature".
- Next - this should have opened the page "View or Remove API Signature" - which will show you your API Username, API Password, and Signature.
- these are the LIVE details you need to enter into BookingLive.
How to obtain you Test PayPal Details:
- Login to PayPal Sandbox/developer - https://developer.paypal.com/
- Click on the main heading called "Applications"
- Now click the sub-heading called "Sandbox Accounts" (this should be on the left hand menu)
- this will show you a list of email acounts linked to this paypay test account.
- Where the record shows the account registered email address - click on the email address.
- this will present three options: Profile, Notifications, and Sandbox Site.
- Click "Profile".
- Now you will be presented with "Account Details" and several other tabs.
- Click the "API Credentials" tab.
- this will show you the Test Credentials such as the Username, Password, and Signature
- these are the TEST details you need to enter into BookingLive.
Configure your Test PayPal (Sandbox) Account
Once you have entered the test paypal details within BookingLive, please change the following settings within your PayPal Sandbox/Developer account:
- Enable Auto Return
- Log in to https://developer.paypal.com and click APPLICATIONS.
- Click the SANDBOX ACCOUNTS.
- Expand the account you wish to edit.
- Click SANDBOX SITE
- Login to the test account
- Enter the Return URL: yourtestwebsite[numbers].com/confirmationpageprocess
- Test with a test paypal account or test credit card to confirm you are redirected back to the test website Confirmation Page.
Configure your Live PayPal Account
Once you have setup paypal within BookingLive, please change the following settings within your PayPal account:
- Enable Auto Return
- Log in and click the Profile subtab under My Account.
- Click the Website Payment Preferences link under Selling Preferences.
- Click the On radio button to enable Auto Return.
- Enter the Return URL: yourwebsite.com/confirmationpageprocess
- Read the paypal website for more info
- Test with a test payment to confirm you are redirected back to the website Confirmation Page.
### UPDATED 24 JULY 2014 ###
Following PayPal's update to documentation please do the following:
- Go to https://www.paypal.com/webapps/business/tools
- Click on API Access > Setup API Access > Option 2 View API Signature
- Copy and paste the details into Booking Live as shown above