An online booking system not only benefits your customers but also your business - saving your staff time and business money. However, when it comes to picking an online booking software that suits you, things can get a little confusing.
On one hand you've got, BookingLive, our award-winning solution for businesses big and small. On the other? Custom booking systems. In this guide, we’ll share with you the pros and cons of each.
Custom Booking Software: Advantages and Disadvantages
Custom booking solutions are built from the ground up by a team of developers for your business. With your guidance, they’ll build a platform designed to work across whichever platforms you deem necessary.
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of a custom booking platform:
- Designed with your demands in mind – By having a booking platform custom built, you’ll be sure that the features you require are included in your system.
- Efficient – Rather than bloated with features, a custom booking system can be as barebones as you need it to be.
- Upfront payment – Whilst BookingLive charges a small monthly fee for using the platform, a custom booking system is only paid for once.
- Inflexible – Once built, your platform is incapable of change without significant coding work. This can result in your platform becoming outdated rather quickly.
- Expensive – Custom booking systems are typically expensive endeavours, requiring a lot of man hours in order to incorporate even the most basic of features expected by customers, like secure payment gateways.
- Lack of support – Unlike BookingLive, your custom booking system will have no support, so if something goes wrong, you’ll be short any immediate help.
BookingLive Online Booking Software: Advantages and Disadvantages
BookingLive provides online booking software, designed by our team of expert developers and built with years of experience supplying a variety of businesses with secure booking platforms, from activity centres to local authorities. Easy to install, regularly updated and with support for every major platform, it’s a hugely compelling option for booking business of all kinds.
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of BookingLive's software for your business:
- A wide range of configuration options – Unlike a custom booking platform, BookingLive is extremely flexible with what it allows you to do, with a choice of plugins and configuration options available you can customise your booking platform to fit any need.
- Trusted by thousands of businesses – Whether you're an activity centre, local government or course provider (or any other industry we work with) BookingLive is a trusted way for customers to book online. In fact, it’s so trusted, 9 out of 10 would recommend it.
- Expert support included – Our excellent support team are always on hand to help with whatever issues you may have with your system. From setting up, to your day to day operations, we’re ready to help.
- Secure – At BookingLive, we take security extremely seriously, which is why BookingLive is built to deliver a secure booking environment for your customers.
- Scalable – Our price plans ensure that businesses of all sizes are able to afford an award winning booking platform. Our servers are SSL-encrypted to ensure that all the data that is passed from the web server and browser remains private. We also ensure that our servers have excellent uptime and file storage, to give your business superb scalability going forward.
- Monthly subscription fee – Unlike a custom built booking platform, BookingLive is only available on a rolling monthly contract. Our studies have found this to be the preferred payment method, however, some may prefer to buy outright.
To find out more about BookingLive, take a tour of our features or sign up for a free demo.